Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just a short journal











JJ is doing fine. I am glad I got him in yesterday as he seems to just be a tad worse today. Now the antibiotics and other med can kick in.

Think about my dad a lot. In case you haven't read from the beginning, my dad who passed on May 9th played a role in getting Jerry to his appointment at CCMH in time to probably save his life. I'll tell more of that story another time. Anyways, a few days ago we got on the computer live video cam with my mom for the first time in a very long time. We used to do it with my parents weekly, but had not since probably February or March. As we talked and visited with GiGi, Jerry started saying "Papa" clear as day while looking at the monitor. He remembers that Papa was always with Gigi. I guess we should never assume "he won't remember anything."

Another side note regarding Papa. My mom is having a hard time with anxiety (she and my dad did everything together) and is not driving hardly at all. Isaac came down from bed one morning this past week and asked if Papa could come back. I told him no and he said, "Well, then he must have just been in my dream." He then told me that in his dream GiGi was driving her car and Papa was with her. I thought it was very sweet and could be a little message for my mom. I am not sure it helped her much, but Isaac was happy that he had a dream of Papa.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sue - I found you blog via Google and have had a good read. My daughter Emily has ALCAPA. She almost 16 and doing really well.

    Her story is at the beginning of my blog. As ALCAPA is pretty rare it's always good to 'meet' other parents.

    Best wishes to you all
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,

    It is good that you all have memories and dreams of Papa and can share them with each other. It helps to comfort one another! Still praying for all of you!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sue -

    Thinking and praying for all of you. How is the family doing now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue -

    Guess I forgot my name......

    Kathy W.

    ReplyDelete