Saturday, August 29, 2009

fat free fruits are my favorites..and a few cheetos to make mom happy!







Jerr Bear really does like fruit better than anything. He will eat several mandarin orange slices and 1/2 of a small apple. Even though it is not great calorie wise, it is so good to see him enjoy food and I think an important part of long term good eating habits and positive association with food. Although his eating continues to be of great concern, it is so good that he does not gag and throw up from eating like he did before the surgery.


In Cleveland now on Saturday night and I just checked in with John. JJ drank 20 oz today and finally ate a few bites of mac and cheese and french fries for dinner. A few days back we went out to breakfast and he ate a few bites of sausage, so I know he can chew meat type items. He has also ate a few bites of hot dog and chicken on occasion. I find myself pretty stressed at times trying to offer him enough variety of foods, textures, nutrition, encourage him to like eating, and do it all before he is tired of sitting in his chair. If I offer the things he likes first he starts off with a positive experience making him more likely to try other things. But then he may be less hungry for other things. If I offer the things he has a harder time with first, he may be fussy and want out before he eats something he enjoys...or he enjoys the 2nd round of items but is it rewarding for fussing and not eating the other things???? Such a challenge in the mix of other regular busy day activities.






1 comment:

  1. Oh Sue, the stresses of motherhood, huh? We all go through these thoughts, "what if I do this and then this happens, or what if I do that and then that happens"......motherhood is always a question of if we're doing the right thing! Praying for you guys, because I know it's more stressful for you with little Jerry!

    ReplyDelete