Sunday, July 26, 2009

who's gaining weight?




I am finding some time today to catch up on the blog (much more important than cleaning the house) and some other things. I have added some photos to all the back blogs in case anyone wants to peek. I was thinking that some pictures are so hard to see that they shouldn't be on but I just realized myself that when you click on them they enlarge.

Jerry is doing pretty well. No pain or discomfort and slowly picking up his eating. His water obsession has decreased since the change in his meds. I will have to way him here at home to get a rough idea of his weight gain (hopefully!).

So, speaking of weight gain, I have buying all sorts of fattening, high calorie food for Jerry. The problem is...he doesn't like ANY of it! The most fattening ice cream at Meijer - nope, Portillo's Chocolate Cake - nope, french toast made with heavy cream - not a bite. Someone has to eat this stuff that we spend money on! By the way, Laura Fu's version of the Portillo's Chocolate Cake is much better! JJ did eat some pizza that I made today. A few pieces of that with several mandarin orange slices.

These pictures are Jerry's first swimming a few weeks ago and a visit from our Cleveland friend Carla. That pool water was freezing right from the hose and I thought JJ would just put his feet in for a few seconds but he plopped down and absolutely loved his outside "bath" as he called it.




4 comments:

  1. Glad to see that Carla was there for a visit.
    Love the pics.
    What about fried mac and cheese from BK?

    Moira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moira, that sounds great! I'll have to get some for myself - oops, I mean for JJ - tomorrow. Just kidding. He does actually LIKE mac and cheese...just a few noodles for a serving! Thanks for keeping up with us and for all of your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pool pics! He looks just like big brother! :) I side with you Sue regarding the bag....and the stroller. Jen

    ReplyDelete