Friday, July 3, 2009

Home Sweet Home







pictures:
I just started having fun and now we have to leave?
I don't think I'll be needing these anymore...and yes, I know I need a haircut.
I missed my toys...oh, that scar on my chest...I have no idea where that came from...all I remember is pretty nurses and the play room!
We were relieved to find out that Jerry's echo showed his heart to be stable. The concern is that it would continue to get worse after switching from IV meds to oral meds, but it stayed the same. We couldn't believe we were really going home!! Jerry slept through most of the over 2 hour ride home and was just about his old self when we got home. It was a little hectic with new meds and new dosages but so good to be home. It was also pretty emotional. I am just realizing more and more how fortunate we are that Jerry is here and understanding how much danger we were in before. Even though there is less worry now, I feel like I am responding to how afraid I should have been before. Kind of hard to explain. I put Jerry to bed when he was very sleepy so that he would just not climb around in his bed and would fall asleep. Of course he got very playful after I put him in and I stood just watching him. But then he waved and said "bye." So, as hard as it was, I walked out of his room keeping his door open a crack so I could check on him with out disturbing him. After all, we had spent weeks on monitors that assured us everything was fine and now we had nothing. Jerry was playful and happy most of the time, even when he was very sick, so there is no sure way to know what condition he is in until we have his next echo. We go for that next Friday and there will be a post for sure. He is eating better than ever because of his heart improving either from surgery or from the hefty meds he is now on.

2 comments:

  1. I am so so so happy for you guys! It was a bumpy road but we got there! Many kudos to JJ! As sad as it is you have to leave I'm sure he's much happier running around being crazy at home! Best of luck to you all! Love, Nurse Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home Jerry!
    Moira

    ReplyDelete