Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Jerry and now Isaac...update

Realize that I kind of left the end of my last blog in a weird place.  To finish up, I brought Isaac today for his heart type symptoms and to follow up on the growth.  He will have a chest x-ray and an EKG this week and also a bone age x-ray for the growth problem.  I will call the endocrinologist for an appointment for him and he will probably have the same blood work jerry had to start out.

Jerry has that horrible growth hormone stim test on the 31st.  NOT looking forward to that!  This just all seems surreal...all of this going on with him and with Isaac.

Both boys are just so funny and it is so good they keep us laughing through all of this!  Despite all this too, we are trying to make summer super fun!  The outdoor adventures are all so close to here and the kids love the beach, hiking, and water parks!

One thing that we are missing a lot right now is Nonno (Grandpa), John's Dad.  Otello Sacco passed away during a nap on Easter.  He was not feeling well for a day or so and stayed home from the Easter party and my sister and law's.  We were calling and checking in with him and he was pretty much fine, just tired with a slight fever.  Then we couldn't reach him.  John went to the house and found him.  He did CPR but it was his time to be with God.  It is believed he had a heart attack.  We are thankful he passed in peace without any suffering.  He was 83 and still walked a few miles most days.  He worked as a barber (even the day before he passed) and cut the grass.  We miss him but are glad we were here in Cleveland to have some last wonderful memories with him.

Isaac seems to understand the basics of dying and such especially since my dad passed in 2009.  Jerry has been trying to figure it out and has the normal concerns for who else is going to die.  It breaks my heart.  One of the first things he said was "Nonno can cut my hair when he gets back from heaven."  The other night we saw a bright triangle of sky in the middle of a dark stormy sky (ended up with tornado warnings).  Later Jerry said, "I know that triangle light we saw was heaven...I just know it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
All that was written a week ago or so.  Was saving so that I could add photos but....ughhhhh no time!  Seems so busy.  We have been doing a lot of fun summer things and when we are not occupied the boys are a handfull and wear me out!

Anyways, Isaac had his testing done.  I have heard that the x-ray was normal but have not gotten the results of the EKG yet.  The pediatrician's office said they will check into it further if the results are not in by tomorrow.  If that is normal we will just watch and see if the somewhat poor endurance and complaints continue.  If there is something that shows up I am sure he will have an echo right away.  The bone age showed correct for his age.  We would hope it would show a younger age meaning he could have just hit a slump or will have room to catch up that growth he missed.  With Isaac he is still in the 30th percentile for height so it is not like he is super short for his age but it is a little concerning that he is gaining so much weight but not growing any taller.  He gained 2 pounds in about 2 weeks.  Having this go on with Isaac now too just makes this all seem so strange...this can't be real that we have all these different things going on.

Jerry has that awful test coming up and I just panic when I think about it.  I just can't imagine how I take my feeling well 4 year old and explain what we are about to go do.  If he was sick it so much easier to make an explanation about it.  It is going to be really rough and I just wish so bad there was a way out!

No comments:

Post a Comment