Friday, July 20, 2012

Isaac's EKG

Yes, ISAAC'S EKG.  Never thought I would be writing about that!  With much anxiety, I am posting about Isaac's abnormal EKG results.  Finally got the results today.  I knew it would be bad news because yesterday was our pediatrician's day off and the other doctors in the office wouldn't "give me the results because they didn't know Isaac's history."  I said "they can't even just tell me it's normal?" and I didn't get much response from that.  So Dr. Lim told me today that it showed an irregular rhythm and probable enlargement on the left side.  I still feel like this can't be happening.  Also I just think it could be a mistake because pediatric EKGs can be confusing.  Working on getting an appointment now.  All of this on my mind and still Jerry's horrible growth stim test coming up.

I planted the seed with Jerry about his growth problem.  Poor kid...we are always telling him to eat this or that or more and he will grow.  Now I have to tell him he has to go through this awful testing to find out why he's really not growing.  I told him the doctors are trying to help figure out if something is missing in him that is supposed to tell his body to grow.  He stopped what he was doing and said "Wait a minute....are you telling me I have to get a shot?  Do I have a check up today or not?"  All that with such seriousness.  I promised him I would tell him whenever something was coming up and left it at that.  I also told him he is doing a good job eating so something else must not be quite right.  He went back to playing and said "I'm going to be really big like Isaac!"  Little does he know that Isaac may have the same problem!  Hopefully more news and better news soon about Isaac's little heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment