Saturday, July 21, 2012

getting by...thankful for fun days!

First...I keep finding really bad mistakes/typos in my blog...like hear for hair.  They changed the whole blog system and I can't figure out how to get to my old posts to edit them.  Driving me crazy!

Today John played in the yard with the kids while he cleaned the grill.  I packed for a picnic and we went to the metroparks and cooked out on a charcoal bbq grill!  We went hiking and played by the water.  It was great fun.  The boys are really into birds right now thanks to my mom!  We saw a woodpecker and that was really exciting.  Jerry thinks EVERYTHING is a bald eagle!  We brought bikes but had no time really for that.

I told Isaac that the test showed his heart might not be beating quite right so he is going to have an echo...like he watched Jerry have several times.  He said "oh, okay, I don't care."  He is so hard to read.  He could really not be thinking of it or he could let me know in a few days that he has been really worried about it.  He is making me so nervous when he is running around  now.  I kind of was even wondering if he is trying to show me he is fine.  He seems to be calling attention to the fact that he is running around...that could not be though...not sure.  I told him to always stop if he feels too tired or his chest hurts and to always let me know. Other than that I am not really restricting him.  With most heart disease and little kids it is assumed they will self regulate and stop on their own when they are tired...which does seem true with Isaac and Jerry.  I am not overly worried that it could be to bad because his appetite is great, he has good color, and generally he feels pretty well.  Of course I know so many stories of kids with no symptoms who were actually in pretty serious condition too.

Tomorrow we have tickets for the Indians game.  The boys are supposed to wear their baseball jerseys and they get to run around the bases and be in a parade around the stadium.  We are going to do our best but it is going to be really hot!  We will have to be kind of careful for both of my boys.  Thanks to everyone checking in with email.  It helps a lot to know you are all thinking of us.

I pray this all turns out to be a big false alarm with Isaac's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment