Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wednesday, A Rollercoaster of a Day


JJ is doing great! Top left picture "Can we take it out now?" Fevers had persisted the night before but not gotten as high. Jerry's team could not decide weather he could come off the vent or not. I was afraid for him to come off at first, then so excited. Then I was let down when they could not take him off and up again when they decided to go for it. I had confidence at that point as they had taken him off all the sedatives, he was waking up a lot, and his vent was set so that he was doing most of the work himself anyways. It was great! Dr. Raj did not want me in the room (good thing I really like him a lot!) but I watched everything from right at the doorway! It was so cool and such a relief. Dr. Raj (on his own...so sweet!) took this picture of my first minute with JJ after he was extubated.


Friends Karen and Sue came to visit and brought Isaac and John's parents (they have been watching Isaac). This was HUGE for us! It was so good to see my Isaac...I really miss him. And it was good to be able to thank John's parents in person for taking such good care of him. Isaac did come in to see Jerry and did such a good job understanding everything and loving his brother. Jerry's eyes welled up with tears when he saw Isaac.....ROUGH! Then he sang to him and JJ just relaxed like he always does when Isaac sings to him. Having trouble getting the video downloaded.

There was just one scary time since the tube came out. It looked like Jerry was having a really rough time breathing but his oxygen level was fine. It was decided that it was a pain issue. After all, he was 5 days post open heart and on NO pain meds! So a morphine drip was started and all was good through the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment