Friday, June 26, 2009

Feeding Tube Returns

This is John. Jerry continues to progress, it seems that the pain may be less severe as he is more willing to move and roll to his side. He is also more responsive to our efforts to comfort him but still showing strong anxiety when anybody other than mom or dad are close to him. The nurses had to re-insert his feeding tube -- which didn't help his disdain for them much. The feeding tube became necessary because we weren't even close to coaxing him into taking any of his bottle or even a popsicle! So the next big hurdle is to get him to feed normally again, we suspect that, once his throat feels better from the breathing tube, he will be more willing to give it a try.

Sue here. It has been a tough day w/ NO sleep. So they took him off of the morphine and started Tylenol with codeine and he is on IV motrin. His cough is really bad and we can tell it hurts so bad to cough. He let me hold him against me with his head on my shoulder today...that was really nice, although still awkward with all the tubes. John has been trying hook up his computer and work from the McDonald House. I had to call him finally at 4 to give me a break. Still on the up road! We love your comments!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for keeping us updated! I think a lot of people read, but don't comment. Keep posting if you have time! :)

    If you need anything -- it was really no big deal for Aaron to bring you things today....let us know when you need more clothes, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige here...I've been keeping up with your family's odyssey on your amazing blog...I'm thinking about you all and wish you all a happy, safe, and healthy return home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys. So sorry for everything little Jerry has had to go through. Thanks for keeping us all updated. I wish I were there to help in some way. I am happy that so far most of the changes along the way are positive ones, even if they are little ones. I hope the Ronald McDonald house is working out okay for you guys...that's where my Mom stayed while my sister was in the hospital at Children's Memorial. It's one of my favorite charities to donate to! Anyway, I'll keep praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete