Saturday, April 24, 2010

A spring cold and ear infection to top it off

My poor guy has been sick with a cold/virus since last Sunday (Isaac is so good at sharing!). He has walked a little on his cast but has been pretty worn out from his cold. Today he still seemed pretty congested, was pulling on his ears more and not at all into eating. So I took him to the med center around the corner and they found an ear infection. So now hopefully the antibiotic will kick that and we will be on the mend. I hope his leg is OK after the cast comes off and that he won't be really weak. It is supposed to come off on May 5th. However, I bought plane tickets for Tuesday the 4th. I am not sure how this is all going to work but we want to be there for sure for the weekend and the cheap flight was on Tuesday. John will meet us there Friday to drive home on Sunday. Our orthopedist is out of town so we will not hear from her until Monday. I was thinking we could take his cast of a day early or a few days later when we get back or even have it taken off in Cleveland??? Probably not the later I guess. If none of these are OK we will just cancel our flight and....I'm not sure what we will do.

In the meantime we have appointments scheduled with an ENT to make sure nothing there is making him reluctant to eat and an appointment scheduled for his Cystic Fibrosis test. I will schedule an appointment with the endocrinologist and after that....I think there is nothing left to look into. If he doesn't start packing on the pounds (or at least ounces) in the next month we will be heading for the feeding tube. I will want to have his heart completely checked before we have that surgery. Praying that these appointments are at least buying JJ the time he needs to forget the pain he had from eating and start new habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment