Friday, March 25, 2011

My Ears Are Making Farting Noises!

This is actually Bubbles the Clown from November but Bubbles has made a reappearance. Isn't he cute? Don't ya just want to kiss him?

The cold mentioned in the last post pretty much turned into this. We went to the dr early...probably too early...and it was dx as a cold. I agreed at that time it was but knew that it would almost for sure go into a sinus and ear infection. I was mostly worried about the fact that he wasn't eating or drinking anything (for real...for 2 days he had a total of 12 ounces) and waking so much at night. He did start eating and drinking better so it must have been a sore throat in the beginning but low grade fever and congestion continued. Yesterday was about 10 days into it and he was breathing hard and a little clingy. Still, pretty happy and maybe less tired than me! He was pulling on his ears but saying they didn't hurt. So then he comes up to me "Mommy, listen....do you hear that?" I say, "Noooo, I don't hear anything. What?" "THAT'S MY EARS MAKING THOSE FARTING NOISES!" I guess the swallowing popping thing??? He was so proud! ANYWAY, a med center trip yesterday, a pretty bad ear infection and sinus infection. Now, we can look forward to better sleep in a few days and better eating.

I wish I had more to say heart-wise. Still just waiting to get this phone consultation with Dr. Towbin. I really think Jerry's increase in medication has helped him. But I feel I can never be sure what is going on inside. It a common conversation among heart moms that their children had few or no symptoms when they were in heart failure and their life compromised. I don't really think anything will happen to Jerry anytime soon and I do think I know what signs to watch for. Today he shocked me how much he ran around the house and kept up with Isaac and did not seem to be having too much trouble. But later he came up the stairs and was really out of breath and kind of sprawled out on the floor for a minute. Hard to tell. Looking forward to some time when no one in the house is sick and to warmer weather!

1 comment:

  1. Sue -- I am waiting for the day when no one in our house is sick too -- it's been a LONG winter!!!

    ReplyDelete