Saturday, September 25, 2010

The latest

After JJ had a few really good days recovered from his virus and hospital stay, he got a tummy ache and threw up. He was up all night and I guess had the stomach flu. His was strange as he kind of threw up once every two days for 6 days and only had a fever one of those days. He didn't feel well and was waking up every 15 min or so most of the night. Two days after he started with throwing up, Isaac and I felt sick and started throwing up. Ours was really severe though with high fevers and pretty knocked out for a few days. Appetite and energy took about 5 days to really come back...not the 24 hour bug!

Now Jerry is over the tummy flu but is still not eating well at all. He ate well after the hospital and was eating well before that illness. He is losing weight so I hope he picks it up again soon. He is still having some other strange symptoms. His forearms and hands sometimes seem to hurt him. A few times one of has sat down next to him and just brushed against his arm and he cried holding his arm in pain. He says his hands hurt when I am washing them and his upper leg and hip area seems sore when we are pulling up his pants, especially a pull up. It seems like it might be sensitive skin since the pull up has kind of a scratchy feeling on the sides. Finally, he has these episodes of eye pain or discomfort. He will suddenly start rubbing and holding his eye (I think it can be either eye but usually one at a time) and crying. He also sometimes cries about the light hurting his eyes. Always a puzzle. I have been not thinking much of the eye thing but now I am going to check into it. I've been thinking they just itch but they are not red or irritated that I can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment