Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jerry is doing great!

Jerry is close to 100% back to normal. The first few days home from the hospital he was really weak and still not wanting to walk right away in the morning. He was actually saying a few times a day "I'm really tired," which is really odd for him. He finally took his bandaid from his IV off and had quite a fun time laughing and saying, "ouch, that hurt!" He had seen me rip Isaac's booboo bandaid off and him yell "Ouch!" and thought it was so funny....kind of like he's mocking Isaac I guess. What goes around comes around, Isaac. So now JJ is running, climbing, and is ornery as ever! He has that playful gleam with raised eyebrows again every time he is about to do something he shouldn't...and we LOVE it! Best of all, he is eating like a champ. He even drank a good amount of a chocolate milkshake today. I have tried those several other times to no avail. We are thankful for each healthy day!

I forgot to add to the hospital post that Jerry actually (even as sick as he was) peed in a cup for his urine test to avoid the catheter. I asked the nurses to let us give it a try after he was hydrated from some fast flowing IV fluids and sure enough he told me when to get the cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment