Monday, February 22, 2010

Update...Will we make it to the sunshine?






So, Isaac had one more day of a high fever and now just has the cough and the big time crabbies! I think he needs to get out of the house. I hate to send him to school because I am afraid he will get something new. Jerry started his cough Friday night but never got a fever...strange...but so good! I did bring him in today because his cough seemed pretty bad and we ARE leaving for the cruise on Friday! Turns out he had an ear infection. I was pretty surprised as he really seems very happy, just congested and coughing. It is good that he is on an antibiotic and that gives me less to worry about with him. I am so worried that we might not make it to Tampa. Isaac will be crushed as will all of us.

We started the periactin (appetite stimulant) on Saturday night (it's 2x/day). We noticed right away that it made him calm and sleepy. He only woke once that night to eat. We may have found a new use for this drug! He has taken naps without any waking and is just altogether calmer about going to sleep. A 2 hour uninterrupted nap should NOT be underestimated! Not like he's druged or anything...just comfortable and not edgy....can't quite find the perfect description..but anyway, it's all good.

As for the eating, he has been eating and drinking faster than usual and asking for food by name more often. He had a really good day of eating on Sunday but then threw up twice. He threw up once when he had a little coughing spell and then again when he wouldn't quit playing with the dishwasher door (he knows how to unlock it) and pulled it down on his head!! It hurt so he cried and threw up. I cried too. I just stood there in tears as all of his calories went down the drain. Now his cold has been pretty bad today and he is not eating well...still drinking formula faster than usual. I am still hopeful. Also, this seems impossible but, He has been weighing 18.6 or 18.4 on our scale...tonight....20 pounds!!! I am not really sure how or why but I think I can turn the poor kid's car seat around!! This week he goes to get synegis shots so we will get a weight at the doctors office then and it usually matches mine. He's been doing better at check ups and now shots again, ugh! I guess I am a little skeptical of the weight or else it would have been it's own entry. I called the surgeon's office today and they will call me back with an appointment time to start the process for the G-tube...but I am not giving up yet.

JJ's hair. I guess it's a mom thing. I know it's messy and moppy but to me there is something so cute about his messy baby look. I just have not wanted to cut it. I cut Isaac's at about this age but his was a little thicker, a few curls, and nicer looking. So last week I was really ready to take him but with Isaac sick we never got out. Today his bangs were in his eyes and bugging him really bad so I did a quick "trim" on the them. Oops! I wish he were old enough that I could say he did it himself. I knew I had limited time for him to be still so ...oh well. Now he will look like a dork in all of our cruise photos.


Pictures: HOW MOMMY GETS PACKING DONE


video: Friend Trish helped find this perfect shirt for JJ. Notice...nothing said about a G-tube!!


In this video, he does this eye rolling back thing...I don't know if what he could have been looking at...look strange to anyone else? Never saw him do it before.





1 comment:

  1. nice hair cut!!! :) We all need hair cuts too -- my little guy has this long hair around his ears...Aaron wants me to get it cut, but I'm not ready either!!

    ReplyDelete