Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Celebrate!





Pictures: JJ at appt , fun w water. I guess I should worry about Isaac's weight too! The other day I had his and Jerry's clothes laid out. He got dressed in JJ's pants!!! He calls to me that he thinks the pants i got out for him are too small! I cannot believe he had those buttoned!
And Yes, JJ will soon have a hair cut. I know it is a mommy thing...I just hate to cut his baby hair. Daddy wants it cut badly, but I think he's just jealous of all of JJ's hair!!

Jerry's heart function is still in the normal range..the same as last time. That leaves a little mystery regarding the strange breathing episodes but all I needed to hear is that he is fine. Of course his heart is still not normal but functioning normal.
The bad news is he may have lost a few ounces and we will probably soon end up with the feeding tube that we have barely avoided for so long. It is sad to think that we just can't get our little guy to do the most normal thing...eat! Doc thinks when he is having periods of not eating well that it is due to memory of painful eating experiences when he was in such bad shape with his heart. The stomach shuts down with heart failure and then there is great discomfort and chest pain. Seems strange to me that it is so up and down. We will follow up with GI.
Our appointment went really well in that JJ was pretty happy most of the time and did not cry as much as usual for exams and echo. Actually, he hardly cried at all and didn't even throw up! He verbalized everything about going to his appointment and I think that helps him. He says the docs name, makes noises for heart echo and talks about watching Barney during his heart pictures. Oh, and talks about the water fountains and the fish in the tank down the hall.








1 comment:

  1. GREAT news about the doctor appointment going so well...sorry about the news about the feeding tube -- but, get some 'meat' on that boy and he'll be good to go in no time!! :)

    ReplyDelete