Thursday, July 21, 2011

OUCH!







Jerry was so resistant to starting the tape and stickie removal process! But once we got started he did great taking a few off himself and was so proud. I spared you a video of me removing the final two. He had stopped all progress and we had to get them off so we could return the whole thing in the mail and he could get a bath. So we both cried while I held him down and used orange oil and pulling. He was happy they were off but then let out his anger about the whole situation. He screamed "I hate those things! I didn't want to put those on my skin! Next time I'm not going there" I joined in and encouraged him as I feel pretty angry about the whole thing myself sometimes! As much as he hates the tape he loves the monitor and cords and did not want me to send them back! They have been interesting play things for the last 24 hours (a dog leash to walk him, a rope for rescuing imaginary friends). All is good now, besides the really sore rashy skin.

Jerry has said a few times lately "my heart's beeping loud," while feeling his chest. When I feel, it surely is! I think it has been when he is laying down. Not while on the monitor of course. We just have to keep track of how often he says this. He even told me "it's pumping hard." I really don't think I use that word with him but I guess I must have at some point. While he was on the monitor he was out in the high heat for a few minutes and then said he was too tired and needed water so I am curious to see if he stops before there is any measurable impact or if something shows.















No comments:

Post a Comment